- Waste & Recycling
- Make a Payment
- Property & Rates
- Animal Management
- Parking & Roads
- Community Grants & Sponsorship
- Disability Information & Access
Each residential Rates Notice includes two complimentary waste drop-off vouchers. Each uniquely coded Waste Voucher can be used as payment to dispose of general waste loads, construction and demolition waste at the Regional Waste Management Facility.
Landlords are encouraged to distribute unwanted / unused vouchers to tenants, before the 30 June.
To use a Waste Voucher, proceed to the weighbridge booth and present the voucher to the weighbridge attendant. If you have signed for paperless rates notices through BPAY View, your vouchers will be attached to the digital copy of your rates notice. Digital vouchers can either be scanned on a smartphone at the weighbridge, or printed. Vouchers may be used once only – each voucher is uniquely coded and recorded at the RWMF.
- Gross Vehicle Mass must be less than 4.5 tonnes (i.e. an average car, station wagon, utility or 4WD with or without a trailer), waste within 500kg and 2 cubic metres.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for caged (waste) trailers or stacked utility vehicle trays.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for disposal of air conditioners, asbestos, couches, confidential burial, dead animals, whitegoods (for example but not limited too: fridge, stove, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave), tyres, mattresses, e-waste, or other hazardous waste.
- Any waste disposal not within the above conditions will be charged at the applicable rate.
- Only one Waste Voucher is redeemable per transaction.
- The transfer of these vouchers to a third party is permitted, and landlords are encouraged to distribute unwanted / unused vouchers to tenants.
- Reprints of physical vouchers will not be provided by Alice Springs Town Council.
- Waste Vouchers are valid for a period of one financial year only, from date of issue until the 30 June.
- Complimentary Waste Vouchers are only available for residential rated/zoned properties.